Officer - Communications
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The CBD of Gympie is the central hub to the Gympie region, which is two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Officer - Communications
Remuneration: Annual salary commencing from $75,862 plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 25 March 2018 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Gympie Regional Council currently has an exciting opportunity for a communications professional to create and deliver the production, implementation and rollout of effective internal and external communication, marketing and engagement strategies in a team environment.
This role will require the use of various mediums, understanding the importance of local government and their associated business unit communications and the dissemination to staff, residents, stakeholders and community throughout the region, working in partnerships to raise Gympie Regional Council's and the region's profile.
The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for (but not limited to) writing media releases and coordinating media responses, production of copy for all mediums - internal and external content, corporate writing with an understanding of local government, commercial media planning and booking, campaign and marketing strategy and coordination, and providing support for the digital and communications work flows as required.
To be successful in this role, applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- High level experience in writing content and copy for various mediums (including media) within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing communications, marketing or public relations strategies and campaigns.
- Build effective relationships internally and externally and be able to communicate information and ideas via various mediums.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a communications/marketing role or similar.
- Firm understanding of brand development, layout and style guides.
- Identifying opportunities that align with operational and policy framework, and delivering new strategies and initiatives.
- Corporate writing with an understanding of local government, council reporting including briefing notes and speech writing.
The following are not mandatory but would be advantageous:
- Local government experience.
- Experience in organising and running stakeholder events and communications.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Manager - Marketing and Communications, Sharna Rowley on 5481 0752 or via email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Rowena Chapman on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Flexible work hours
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 25 March 2018 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.