Senior Officer - Community Partnerships
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The CBD of Gympie is the central hub to the Gympie region, which is two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Senior Officer - Community Partnerships
Remuneration: Annual salary commencing at $75,862 plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 26 August 2018 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
The purpose of this position is to increase community participation, social well-being and community pride within the Gympie Region. This will be achieved through fostering strong community partnerships, developing relevant strategies and policies and the identification, delivery and support of community development initiatives.
This position plays an integral role in Council's community engagement activities, including targeted engagement with regional townships, specifics demographics and communities of interest.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking a motivated and experienced individual who has strong community engagement and partnerships skills. The role is both strategic and hands on, requiring someone who is across a broad range of social policy issues and who delivers excellent customer service in a range of community and inter-agency settings.
The successful candidate will need:
- Qualifications (Post Graduate Degree, Degree, Diploma, Certificate) or equivalent experience/active enrolment in Social Science, Government Administration, Community Services, Community Development, Project Management or similar.
- Sound understanding of, and demonstrated ability to apply, community development and community engagement principles.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Sound research skills and demonstrated experience in the development of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective internal and external relationships and networks.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Initiator, who also has a strong ability to work with colleagues to achieve team and corporate outcomes.
- Although not mandatory for this position, it would be advantageous for applicants to have:
Demonstrated group or meeting facilitation skills
- Knowledge of financial administration and budgeting
- Experience in procurement and contract management including interpreting, drafting, implementing and managing service contracts.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Andree Stark, Manager - Community Partnerships on 5481 0764 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight/ten day fortnight/flexible work hours
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 26 August 2018 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.