Officer - Property Support (fixed term)
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The regional centre of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Officer - Property Support (fixed term)
Remuneration: Annual salary commencing from $69,897 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 22 July 2018 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This opportunity is for a fixed term 12 month period.
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and program support to the Property Management Section of Council by way of liaison with key stakeholders and through property portfolio management to ensure the existing and future property needs of Council are met and are compliant with legislation.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a motivated and self driven individual who can show initiative with regard to process from a continuous improvement approach. We require someone who is flexible with the ability to maintain focus and adaptability in a changing work environment.
In the role of Officer - Property Support, you will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Process all tenure agreements in accordance with statutory and Council requirements, and within nominated timeframes.
- Ensure all tenure agreements are reviewed annually in accordance with Council's property database to ensure compliance with relevant terms and conditions.
- Ensure land acquisitions and disposals are undertaken within nominated timeframes.
- Ensure all commercial tenure agreements are compliant in accordance with relevant terms and conditions.
- Provide timely, effective and relevant advice to Council's customers on land management matters and administrative support to the Property Management Section.
To be successful in this role, candidates will require:
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of property management agreements and contracts, and the ability to interpret relevant legislation and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret property management requirements with a view to problem solving, research, evaluation and report writing.
- The ability to manage simultaneous projects in a changing work environment, yet still ensure deadlines are met.
- The ability to work within a team, but also autonomously.
- Interpersonal and communication skill to facilitate customer service and stakeholder relationships.
Desirable, but not essential for this role are:
- Formal qualifications in a business administration or in a legal/property tenure field.
- Previous experience with the use of property mapping software.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Andy Bray, Acting Manager - Property on 5481 0759 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 22 July 2018 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.