Assistant - Libraries (Branch Services) - Casual
Rainbow Beach, Tin Can Bay and Gympie
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The town of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser Coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Rainbow Beach is a 45 minute drive east of Gympie. Sitting on the edge of the Fraser Coast, it offers the best in recreational boating, fishing and surfing all year round.
Tin Can Bay is a 40 minute drive east of Gympie. Sitting on the edge of the Fraser Coast, it offers the best in recreational boating, fishing and surfing all year round. The depot is located centrally and parking is readily available.
Assistant - Libraries (Branch Services) - Casual
Remuneration: Commencing hourly rate of $39.49 plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 17 June 2018 at 11.00pm
Gympie Regional Libraries provide a community focused service to build family and digital literacy skills, foster life-long learning, connect people with information and ideas and preserve information and knowledge for future generations. Our library services continue to evolve to meet the needs of our community. Library clients have free access to library services which include: borrowing items from across the Gympie Regional Libraries network, utilising the computers, accessing free wifi and a range of library programming events and activities. The library service is Council’s most visited community facility, with a network consisting of six branch libraries located at Gympie, Tin Can Bay, Rainbow Beach, Kilkivan, Goomeri and Imbil.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and customer service focused individual to undertake general library operations and deliver programs to fulfil the community’s needs including children’s activities, coding and robotics workshops, digital technology sessions and community workshops. Working at our Rainbow Beach, Tin Can Bay and Gympie Libraries on a casual – rostered and on -call basis the successful applicant may be required to work shifts from Monday to Saturday.
In this position you will be responsible for providing and promoting the library and its services to the community while delivering a high quality customer focused service to the patrons of the library as per Council's policies and procedures.
What we are looking for?
To be successful in this position, you will need to have a passion for library work demonstrated through:
- providing a positive customer service experience at our libraries on a daily basis
- the ability to deliver programs to fulfil the community’s needs including children’s activities, coding and robotics workshops, technology sessions and community workshops
- excellent computer literacy skills, including word processing and basic research skills
- the ability to provide information and technology assistance and support for library customers
- experience in or knowledge of modern library practices, procedures and responsibilities
- experience in working in a team environment as well as the ability to work autonomously
- working with children check - Blue Card or ability to obtain a Blue Card prior to commencement
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Rachel Lethem, Manager – Learning and Engagement on 5481 0850 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Flexible work hours
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume and covering letter
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close Sunday 17 June 2018 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted without prior approval.