Officer - Procurement
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The CBD of Gympie is the central hub to the Gympie region, which is two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Officer - Procurement
Remuneration: Annual salary commencing from $64,575 plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 20 May 2018 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
The purpose of this role is to provide assistance to the Coordinator – Procurement and Senior Officer – Procurement with the delivery of procurement services and online requisition (OLR) functions for council to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and legislation.
It will also provide high level administrative and customer service to internal customers of Council to support effective processing of procurement services and contract administration and preparation.
As the Officer - Procurement, you would be responsible for tasks such as:
- Maintenance and Support for up to date procurement policies, procedures, work instructions and templates that enable council to meet government legislative and regulatory requirements, including the training and induction of council staff.
- Maintenance of Council’s Contracts Register, Tender and Quotation Registers and any other relevant registers in conformance with relevant legislation and Council policies.
- Assist the Senior Officer - Contracts in the ongoing administration of tenders and quotations, including uploading and updating E-Tendering Portals as and when required.
- Administrative assistance to the work area, including preparation of council templates, correspondence, agreements, contract formation and reporting documents. This will include management and maintenance of Corporate Contract and Quotation or other relevant records via Council’s Electronic Record Management System.
- Administrative support for the update and management of Procurement related systems and data including, but not limited to:
- On Line Requisitions (OLR) training and helpdesk function;
- Data Analysis Software;
- Extranet and Intranet pages;
- Excel Spreadsheets;
- Panel Software Solution management, administration and training; and
- Procurement projects reporting, presentations and meetings.
What we are looking for
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity that calls for a motivated and self driven professional with experience or exposure to contracts, tender processes and online requisitioning. A person with high level interpersonal communication skills and an excellent computer literacy skills will thrive in this role.
To be successful in this role, applicants should have:
- Sound verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability in customer service to support internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated experience of contemporary procurement processes including tendering processes, contracts and relevant legislation.
- High level administrative skills including document preparation, web based publishing, excel, Word, PowerPoint, minute taking and records management.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Financial Systems software or modules.
- Demonstrated experience in training or helpdesk operations in a mid – large size organisation.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as a demonstrated ability in successful time management and multi-tasking.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Michael Booth, Chief Financial Officer on 5481 0613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight/ten day fortnight/flexible work hours
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 20 May 2018 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.