Assistant Project Manager - Water Business Unit (6 MONTH FIXED TERM POSITION)
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The CBD of Gympie is the central hub to the Gympie region, which is two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Gympie Regional Council's Water Business Unit
Gympie Regional Council provides water and sewerage services to over 30,000 residents, and has recently embarked on a major reform program to deliver a contemporary customer focussed water business unit. As such, unique and exciting opportunities exist to lead the process and guide the goals and functions of this Council driven enterprise from its inception to new heights. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a modern water and sewerage business which is customer focused and underpinned by strong and sustainable business principles.
Assistant Project manager - Water Business Unit (6 MONTH FIXED TERM POSITION)
Remuneration: This position will be remunerated at Level 2.1, currently equivalent to $59,547 per annum plus 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 25 March 2018 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position would suit a student part way through an Engineering or Project Management qualification, and with some prior work experience in a project management environment.
What we are looking for
We are currently seeking a candidate wanting to broaden their experience in project management, and with the capacity and availability to commit to a 6 month fixed term position working full time hours.
While working in this 6 month fixed term position, your duties and responsibilities could see you involved in tasks such as:
- Arranging civil construction site visits.
- Seeking legal advice for development applications.
- Drawing up site layouts.
- Gathering property information for major contracts and collating this information for databases and reports.
- Administrative tasks such as completing variation forms, reading water meters and recording results.
To be considered for this position, manadatory requirements would be:
- Currently studying (to at least 3rd year) for a Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as Civil Engineering, Project management or other similar field with qualifications relevant to the role.
- Some work experience in civil infrastructure work, including design and contract administration
- A high level of oral and wirtten communication skills, including the ability to construct analytical reports and presentations.
- The ability to read and understand engineering and design drawings.
- The ability to understand and abide by construction site safety rules.
- A current 'C' class Drivers licence.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Senior Manager - Water Business Unit, Mike Griffiths, on 5481 0493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 25 March 2018 at 5.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.