Program Manager - Water Business Unit
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The regional centre of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Gympie Regional Council's Water Business Unit
Gympie Regional Council provides water and sewerage services to over 30,000 residents, and has recently embarked on a major reform program to deliver a contemporary customer focussed water business unit. As such, unique and exciting opportunities exist for the experienced water business professional with a proven track record in the industry to lead the process and guide the goals and functions of this Council driven enterprise from its inception to new heights. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a modern water and sewerage business which is customer focused and underpinned by strong and sustainable business principles.
Program Manager - Water Business Unit
Remuneration: This position will offer an attractive salary package negotiated with the successful candidate depending upon qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Sunday 18 March 2018 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Role overview and what we are looking for
This position requires the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in delivering the Water Business Unit's capital works program and business projects.
As Program Manager - Water Business Unit, responsible to the Senior Manager - Water Business Unit, you will be directly responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Projects Branch through:
- Project delivery for water supply and sewerage infrastructure.
- Development of engineering designs, specifications, tender documentation, procurement and contract management, and management of contractors.
- Development of strategic project management frameworks with capital investment governance and approvals processes.
- Effective project delivery using a program approach.
- Ensuring all 'as-constructed' date, including operation and maintenance manuals and requirements is captured in corporate GIS and AMIS systems.
- Capital works budget management.
Mandatory for the role will be:
- Bachelor Degree qualification in Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience at Local Government management level, or senior management experience in a similar role and the ability to demonstrate true leadership and motivation skill with sound knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Sound knowledge of project management principles, legislation and relevant legislation and Australian Standards.
- Demonstrated leadership and achievement in developing and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful development and delivery of capital works projects within the water industry.
Desirable for the role will be:
- Registration as a Professional Engineer QLD or Chartered Engineer
- Post Graduate Management qualifications
- Certification by the Australian Institute of Project Management as a Project Director
- Experience in asset management and associated software
- Knowledge of the role of Local Government and the Water Industry.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Mike Griffiths, Acting Senior Manager - Water Business Unit on Ph: 54810493 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- An attractive salary package for the right candidate
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, phsychometric testing, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Applications close on Sunday 18 March 2018 at 5.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.