Senior Officer - Contracts
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The CBD of Gympie is the central hub to the Gympie region, which is two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Senior Officer - Contracts
Remuneration: Annual salary commencing at $75,862 plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 25 February 218 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced professional to join our Procurement Team within the Corporate and Community Services Directorate.
The Procurement Team is part of the wider Finance and Risk Branch of Gympie Regional Council.
This pivotal role is required to provide professional and administrative Support, advice and assistance to Gympie Regional Council Directorates in all tendering and contract management functions, including support and advice in relation to the preparation, issuing and evaluation of Council's Contracts.
The role is also responsible for ensuring all contract, procurement and tendering activities are in accordance with adopted policies and procedures and compliant with all relevant legislation, including the Local Government Act, and will be responsible for:
- Management of Council’s Contracts and Quotation Register.
- Prepare public Tender and Quotation documentation, inclusive of specifications, tender response requirements, and appropriate conditions of contract when required.
- Prepare and facilitate public tender, expression of interest, selected tender and quotation processes in accordance with Council Policy, including the publishing of documents, registering and distribution of responses.
- Preparation of contractual documents.
- Provide assistance, advice and training on contractual and procurement matters to Council staff as required.
- Provide formal input into the development and review of Council policy, procedures and processes as required.
- Contribute to Council’s Procurement Strategy and Procurement Better Practice.
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role, applicants should be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- A formal qualification or minimum 3 years’ experience in a procurement related discipline.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and collaborate with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge and understanding of contemporary better practice in contractual and tendering processes and associated rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulations 2012 with regards to tendering and contractual arrangement practices.
- High level of document preparation skills, including drafting, preparing, proof checking and publishing external documents to the required Council standard.
- High level computer skills, including demonstrated experience with a range of Microsoft Office Products, Adobe and Internet based third party portal products.
- Demonstrated experience in tendering and contractual function in-house or induction training.
Although not mandatory, it would be advantageous for applications to have:
- Previous experience or knowledge of Authority financial management program.
- Certificate IV in Training and Education
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Tony McCarthy, Coordinator - Procurement on 5481 0880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight/ten day fortnight/flexible work hours
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 25 February 2018 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.