Officer - Payroll Support
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The CBD of Gympie is the central hub to the Gympie region, which is two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser coasts. Council offices are located in Gympie's town centre close to shopping, cafes and parking.
Officer - Payroll Support
Remuneration: Level 3 - annual salary commencing $64,575 (pro rata) plus superannuation
Closing Date: Wednesday 21 February 2018 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
An excellent opportunity currently exists for an experienced Payroll Officer to join the People and Organisational Development Branch as part of the Payroll team.
This opportunity is a permanent part time position working approximately 36.25 hours per fortnight with the possibility of increase hours during peak periods and periods of leave.
This position will provide efficient and accurate execution of payroll support processes to Council and its employee through system maintenance, customer service, problem solving and reporting.
The key responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Actively contributing to the successful complete of full pay processes in an accurate, confidential and timely manner including data entry (timesheets and leave forms), adjustments, maintenance of confidential personnel and payroll records form commencement to termination for all payments and changes to employee details.
- Compliance with relevant industrial instruments including Awards, Acts, Certified Agreement, legislation and procedures incorporating superannuation and tax.
- Maintenance of the integrity and accuracy of Council's electronic data.
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers by providing accurate information to external agencies such as Centrelink, Child Support Agency, Local Government Workcare and financial organisation's adhering to privacy legislation.
What we are looking for
To be successful in this role, applicants should be able to demonstrate their skills and experience in the following:
- Sound knowledge of payroll functions with an understanding of industrial awards, agreements, legislation and procedure.
- High level of computer skills with experience in data entry.
- Provide accurate and efficient payroll service in a medium to large sized organisation.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to work under pressure whilst exercising judgement and to plan and prioritise work to achieve required outcomes, accept responsibility and work with limited supervision.
Payroll specific experience within the Local Government industry would be advantageous.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Robyn Powell, Senior Officer - Payroll on 5481 0627 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight/ten day fortnight/flexible work hours
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Wednesday 21 February 2018 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.