Manager - Marketing and Communications
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
Manager - Marketing and Communications
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated
Closing Date: Sunday 4 June 2017 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This is an exciting opportunity for a marketing and communications professional to create and implement a strategy for a rapidly emerging region less than 2 hours from Brisbane. Factors including the soon to be completed freeway access to SEQ, a range of Council projects targeted at liveability, a specific desire by Council to place an emphasis on marketing the region, and a range of unique natural attributes, means this role is a chance for someone to make a real difference.
Council is investing heavily in projects related to tourism and liveability which combined with housing affordability and excellent access to the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane means the region has a bright future. To make the most of the opportunities, Council is committed to finding the right marketing and communications professional for this instrumental role.
To be successful in this role, candidates must:
- Hold relevant qualifications.
- Demonstrate high level verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate experience in developing and implementing communications, marketing or public relations strategies.
- Have strong commercial acumen with sound understanding of the business environment and organisation directions.
- Demonstrate significant digital and social media skills.
- Have sound experience leading teams, ensuring quality outcomes
- Have substantial experience in a communications environment, with high-level presentation skills and the ability to liaise and negotiate with a broad range of people
The following are not mandatory but would be advantageous:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, yet successfully work as part of an integrated team.
- Knowledge of local government
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Chief Executive Officer, Bernard Smith on 5481 0602.
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Advisor - Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Ten day fortnight/flexible work hours
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 4 June 2017 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.