Trainee- Cert III Civil Construction- Road Construction and Maintenance (Multiple Positions)
Gympie is at the heart of a rapidly expanding region which stretches from rural valleys in the west to the Cooloola Coast, gateway to spectacular Fraser Island. Enjoy the rural delights of the picturesque Mary Valley, the history of Gympie and the broad western area, home to country festivals and a strong agricultural base. For someone seeking a high quality of life, the region offers a unique opportunity. You could be part of a forward thinking local government organisation with a commitment to continuously improving the services it provides to its 50,000 residents, in one of the most diverse locations in Queensland.
The town of Gympie is central to the Gympie region, two hours north of Brisbane and in close proximity to the Sunshine and Fraser Coasts. The depot is located centrally in town, easily accessible from all directions. Parking is readily available.
Trainee Civil Construction (Cert III in Civil Construction and Maintenance)
(Multiple Positions Available)
Note -This is an entry level position, eligibility to be considered may be affected by prior completed qualifications achieved.
Traineeships provide an excellent opportunity to gain a certificate level qualification combined with valuable working experience, and are offered full time for a fixed term of 3 years. These are entry level positions and suitable for people with limited work experience and limited qualifications
Closing Date: Sunday 19 February 2017 at 5.00pm AEST.
For a full position description please click here.
What we are looking for?
This is an exciting opportunity for self-motivated, career oriented individuals to learn and train on the job. These positions will provide an opportunity for the successful candidates to complete a Certificate III in Civil Construction and Maintenance. To be successful in one of these roles, candidates will need the aptitude and ability to complete the certification, and the physical ability and agility to carry out manual labouring tasks.
What we offer?
- Nine day fortnight
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another persons may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Only applications received via council's online application system will be considered.